If you have an engineering project or simply would like some high-caliber assistance, we have a solution for you.
The Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce, SACC-USA, partners with one of Sweden’s most prestigious schools, Chalmers University of Technology, to provide access to highly competitive engineering students who are eager to come to the U.S. to gain practical and cultural experience.
The students participating in the internship program have completed at least three years (B. Sc.) of a five-year master’s program (M. Sc.). Attached you will find a list of young men and women who are looking for an internship from 3 to 12 months, starting June 2018, in the areas of: Software Engineering, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation & Mechatronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering & Business Management, Engineering Mathematics and Computer Science & Engineering.
Chalmers University of Technology
Chalmers University of Technology, founded in 1829, is consistently ranked among the top 100 Engineering Universities in the world, www.chalmers.se/en. Chalmers has sent thousands of successful students to the U.S. to undertake internships since 1963.
Starting this summer, one of Chalmers’ well-educated students could come to assist you for up to 12 months with various projects,
while bringing innovative ideas to your operations. As a J-1 visa sponsor, SACC-USA will assist with the visa application.
Become a Host Company
- Review the students’ CV. Please feel free to contact those you are interested in.
- Ask your Regional Chamber for assistance as needed or contact Amar Dueland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you have selected a candidate, SACC-USA assists with the J-1 visa application.
- Intern arrives in June 2018 (dates are flexible).
J-1 Visa Details
- 3-12 months
- The host company writes a training plan and provides training supervision.
- The host pays the intern a compensation to cover living expenses. Compensation is subject to income tax but not to SS or Medicare tax. No need for health benefits as the Intern has her own insurance.
- The host also pays a visa sponsor service fee of $1,000 up to 3 months; $1,4000 up to 6 months; or $1,900 up to 12 months.
- The Intern pays travel, health & accident insurance, SEVIS fee of $180 and visa application fee of $160.
Please contact your SACC Regional Chamber or call SACC-USA 202-536-1520 or email email@example.com