SACC-USA Trainee Program
The SACC-USA Trainee Program is vital to SACC-USA’s mission of facilitating trade, commerce and investment between Sweden and the U.S. As a SACC member, your company can utilize the Trainee Program as a tool in developing your international business activities.
Trainees educated within the highly regarded Swedish educational system bring expertise within their academic field along with an intimate knowledge of the Swedish and European market, language skills and cross-cultural knowledge.
As a J-1 visa sponsor, SACC-USA assists with:
- J-1 visa service for Swedish employees or business partners coming to the U.S. on training assignments up to 18 months
- J-1 visa service for U.S. companies which have made an offer of training to an intern/trainee from Sweden
- Matchmaking between U.S. companies and trainee candidates in the SACC-USA trainee candidate database, followed by our J-1 visa service
Hosting a Trainee Offers Many Opportunities
The Trainee Program offers SACC member companies and organizations the opportunity to host highly qualified, mature, bilingual trainees. With a minimum age of 21, many of the trainee candidates have received Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees or are current college students while others have already gained experience and specialized skills in their field.
The trainees will bring a Swedish and European Union perspective to your operation. An international perspective and an understanding of cultural differences are vital in today’s global economy. In addition to Swedish and English, many trainees possess good knowledge of one or several other languages. Language skills are invaluable when it is necessary to communicate effectively across borders.
Benefits for the Host Company
- Qualified trainees. You can host well-educated, motivated and bilingual trainees in a training program up to 18 months.
- International exposure. The trainee will bring a European perspective to your organization.
- Large pool of pre-screened candidates. SACC-USA will post your position on our website and distribute it to our network in Sweden to generate applications specifically for your position. We also maintain a database of pre-screened trainee candidates and can present you with a number of qualified candidates for your evaluation.
- Peace of mind. SACC-USA reviews candidate applications so that you are ensured that they meet the criteria established by the U.S. Department of State for the J-1 visa.
- It’s easy. SACC-USA guides you and your trainee through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation making the entire process easy and fast.
- Low cost. The host organization is strongly encouraged (but not required) to pay the trainee a stipend equivalent to the cost of living in the host company’s location. There generally are no social security or medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee. The host organization pays the SACC-USA visa service fee, and the trainee pays the SEVIS fee. The trainee generally pays his or her own insurance and travel expenses.