Training/Internship Placement Plan, DS-7002
The “Training/Internship Placement Plan” should be submitted on form DS-7002 provided by the U.S. Department of State, http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/84240.pdf
This form cannot be saved. You need to fill out, print, scan and email this form to email@example.com.
- Top of form: Please fill out what you know and leave the rest blank. We will complete this section if anything is missing.
- Participant Information: If “U.S. Residence Address” is not yet available, please use the address of the host company.
- Site of Activity Information: Self explanatory.
- Contract Agreement: Supervisor should sign in box provided. The “Program Sponsor Name” is “Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce.” Please leave “Program Number” blank.
- Training/Internship Training Plan, Page 2:
- Since this online form cannot be saved you may want to first write out the information for page two in a text document and paste into the form. That way there is no need to retype everything should changes need to be made. The following information is required on page two:
- Brief Description of Trainee/Intern’s Role for this Program or for this Phase
- Specific Tasks and Activities or Chronology/Syllabus to be Completed for this Program or Phase
- Specific Goals and Objectives for this Program or this Phase
- Knowledge, Skills, or Techniques to be Imparted During this Program or this Phase
- Methods of Performance Evaluation and Methods of Supervision
- There should be at least one phase for a 6-month training program, at least two phases for a 12-month training program, and at least three phases for an 18-month training program. To write more than one phase, you may want to print the first phase and then go back into the online form and enter the required information for the second phase and print again, etc. Do not forget to change the dates for each phase. Some sections such as Methods of Performance Evaluation/Supervision may not change much from one phase to the other whereas other sections should be different in each phase or build on skills learned in a previous phase.
- The Tasks & Activities or Chronology/Syllabus section is the most important one and should be different for each phase or build on previous phase. Please give a detailed description of the various training activities the candidate will be engaged in. Fill the whole box. Use additional blank sheets of paper if needed. Remember that it is a trainee visa your candidate will be applying for, not a work visa, so use vocabulary accordingly.
- You should print the form as many times as there are phases. Let’s say there are three phases and you end up with three copies of page one. Discard the two extra ones. You will have three copies of page two, even though it says page 2 of 2 on all of them.
The DS-7002 can be somewhat cumbersome to fill out and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance. It is acceptable to use white-out or make corrections with a ballpoint pen.
If your organization has an employee manual, code of conduct, rules for computer usage, confidentiality agreement, etc. such documents could be attached to the DS-7002 so that the candidate will know exactly what is expected of him or her.