The SACC-USA Trainee Program makes it possible for people from Sweden to come to the United States on a J-1 training program up to 18 months.
There are five broad types of trainees in our program:
- Trainees who have found a host organization with SACC-USA’s help
- Trainees at SACC Regional Chambers
- Trainees who have found a host organization on their own
- Swedish students writing their Bachelor or Master´s theses for a U.S. company
- Employees of Swedish companies who need to go to the U.S. for training with a mother company, subsidiary or business/joint venture partner
Trainees participate in a structured and guided work-based learning program in an American business setting to gain firsthand experience of life and business in the United States.
SACC-USA is a designated sponsor of the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program which promotes educational and cultural exchange in order to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries. Use of the Exchange Visitor Program for ordinary employment or other work purposes is strictly prohibited.